Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pre-pooing

(9/23) I have been reading about different methods to use to help keep your hair from tangling and becoming more manageable.  I've read about twisting your hair prior to washing, using seamless combs and so on.  I have tried them all.  My hair was still a tangled mess.  UNTIL I began pre-pooing!!! I simply coat my entire head with coconut oil prior to washing and leave for 15 minutes.  The texture of my hair is soooo much softer and easier to manage from just taking a little time pre-shower to manage my tresses.

This week (9/26/11)  I decided to pre-poo and take it a step further.  I put the coconut oil on my hair and put a plastic cap on while I washed a load of clothes and folded the towels out of the dryer.  I then had a bright idea to deep condition my hair before I co-washed and stretched with milk.  I put my deep conditioner with protein in my hair (Paul Mitchell Super Strong Treatment).  I placed the plastic cap on  my head and sat under the hooded dryer for 10 minutes.  I then proceeded with my co-washing routine.  Try it and see how it works for you to have a pre-poo regimen.


Last week I didn't wash my hair... it was toooooo  cold to open up my pores!!


This week (10/8/11) I pre-pooed and applied product and went to work!! My hair didn't look all that great, but I knew the outcome was more important! I actually didn't co-wash my hair until that Saturday night and the next day my hair was GLEAMING!!! It was soft, manageable and the curls were really defined.
Fast forward (10/14/11) almost a week later and when I woke up this morning I looked at my hair and the curls were soooo pretty.  I did nothing but put Supreme Oil on it and GO!!! Check me out with my favorite earrings that I purchased from ACCESSORIZING YOU (http://www.accessorizingyou.com/)! (Thanks Sha'!)
Check out what Accessorizing You has going on!...Follow us on Twitter @AccessorizingU and/or "Like" us on FaceBook www.FaceBook.com/AccessorizingYou
 
8/28/12 OMG!!! Do I have the update for you!!!!
I was reading on CurlyNikki and found the ultimate pre-poo recipe.
 
I've tweeked it a bit to fit my liking...
Use an empty bottle that you have to combine these ingredients:
2 tbs of your favorite conditioner, olive oil, coconut oil, and honey.  Shake it up and apply all over your hair.  Put a plastic cap on and leave for 30 minutes or more.  Rinse with the coldest water you can stand.  Co-wash your hair with your favorite conditioner and style.  I have the softest hair and the bounciest curls ever!!! 
-I found it is also the answer to deep conditioning.  If you do it before, you don't have to do it after!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey nie!!! Thank you so much for the support Candyce. As well as the Twitter & Facebook links above, our website is www.AccessorizingYou.com.

    We also recently did a shout out to natural hair on our blog at http://accessorizingyou.blogspot.com/2011/10/accessorizing-your-hair-cut.html

    Check us out. :)

    ReplyDelete