Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Routine...spelled out!

Hi, my name is Candyce and I'm a PRODUCT JUNKIE (PJ)!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :)
"Pre-poo":
-I apply a handful (sometimes 2) of coconut oil to my entire head and place a plastic cap on it for 15-30 minutes. (I usually find something to do around the house to occupy the time.)
-This is new to my routine...
I dampen my hair (don't saturate, it's easy to do) and apply my deep conditioner (dc)**I used Paul Mitchell The Mask on 9/28**, put my plastic cap back on and sit under the hooded dryer for 10 minutes.  I walk around with the cap on for about 10-15 minutes after I turn off the dryer.  (occupy time)

"In the shower":
-I massage my scalp with the dc and stand under the water and let it stream down. 
-Finger detangle my hair as much as possible, then use a wide tooth seemless comb to finish.
-I co-wash **used Jane Carter Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner 9/28** my hair. I leave it in while I wash my body and by then it is soooo manageable! Rinse out completely!
-To keep my tresses tangle-free I put a quater size amount of Kinky Curly Knot Today for "slippage" and as a leave-in.
-I let my hair drip dry and shake from left to right to rid of some of the water.

"Out of the shower":
-I use a white t-shirt to dry my hair. (Towels tangle my hair up.)
-I apply Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel (to add moisture).
-Apply Kera Care Leave-in Conditioner
-SEAL with natural oils (coconut, extra virgin olive, castor, vitamin E oils mixed)
-Apply Mizani Moisture Stretch and finger style

"Day 2" Hair:
-Add a quarter size amount to two sections (divided down the middle) of Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie.  It smells great and moisturizes my hair before I seal it.
-Spray with water, natural oils and liquid leave in conditioner (put in spray bottle and shake well).
-Apply Mizani Supreme Oil. IT SMELLS AWESOME!!! (I can't say it enough!)
-Apply EcoStyle Olive Oil gel and finger style.
-Sometimes my day 2 (or 3) hair becomes a little frizzy, so I like to add Smooth and Shine Curling Mousse to define my curls and
-When I have time I like to stretch my hair by doing a dry double strand twist set and rolling the ends with flexi-rods.

During the Week:  I like to put oil on my scalp to keep it healthy.  I read on one of my fav websites about Wild Growth Hair oil and I have been using it between washes on dry hair.

Products I like to use:
CONDITIONERS: Mizani True Textures Curl Replenish Intense Moisturizing Mask,  KC Knot Today, Jane Carter Nutrient Replenishing, Paul Mitchell The Masque,  Tresemme Naturals Nourishing

LEAVE-INS/MOISTURIZERS: Kera Care Leave-In, Kinky Curly Knot Today, Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel, Cantu Shea Butter

STYLERS:  Mizani Moisture Stretch, Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Eco Style Olive Oil Gel, Smooth and Shine Curling Mousse

OILS:  Wild Growth Hair Oil, My Recipe:  EVOO, Coconut, Vitamin E and Castor Oils

No comments:

Post a Comment