Thursday, May 10, 2012

The PERFECT Twist Out!

I have been on a quest for the perfect twist set...


I finally got it!  It does take a combination of products, but it is not time consuming and gives AWESOME results.

 You need:  spray bottle with water, olive oil and setting lotion (mixed), oil to seal ends (I use shea butter or coconut oil), curling cream (I use Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie) and gel ( I use Shea Moisture Curling Souffle)
 First:  moisten one side of your head with the water and setting lotion. DO NOT saturate, just make sure it is moist enough to set your twist overnight and be dry in the morning.
 Next: section off about this much hair for each twist, detangle with your fingers and add the curling cream then the gel.  Twist all the way to the end making sure the ends are as smooth as possible and add oil to the twist from root to tip.  Sleep in a satin cap or on a satin pillow case.
My twist don't usually come apart at night because I twist all the way to the end and seal with oil.
 I don't do much to my hair in the morning.  I just put a little oil (doesn't matter what kind)  on the tips of my fingers and untwist my hair FROM ROOT TO TIP.  That method keeps the frizzies down also. I do this almost every night because I like the look of a fresh twist out, but it can go for days and still look good.  I get soooo many complements off my "perfect twist".  Day 1 and Day 2!
Buuuuuttttt, this is what I look like at night before bed LOLOLOLOL MS. CELIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment