Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Product Reviews

Hi, my name is Candyce, and I AM A PRODUCT JUNKIE (pj)!!!!!!!!!!!  They say the first step is acceptance! LOL  Because I am a pj, just going to the store is a challenge because there is always something new improved on the shelf that peaks my interest.  Don't get me wrong, I have my favorites that I will always have on hand and use (especially my staple products) when the other "stuff" disappoints me.

As I pick up new products (not just for hair) I'll place a short review here:

  • I was in a the "Bull's Eye Boutique"  in Charlotte this summer and I ran across a Softsoap display and it caught my eye (of course).  They had some new body wash scents out, I began smelling and ran across one that smelled heavenly...  Body Butter Coconut Scrub!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG is all I could think.  Over my years of pj addiction I have learned not to buy on impulse.  If I think about it again I will return and purchase the product I saw.  Needless to say, I could NOT stop thinking about the fragrance of this body wash!  It smells AWESOME!  I returned home and was in "Wally World" and I passed the display there, and I purchased it.  I could not wait to get home and shower.  I was not disappointed!  It is a scrub and moisturizer in one.  After I shower I now only have to put a squirt of lotion on my body in order to keep the moisture in. (Your skin needs to be sealed just like your hair!)

  • Traveling to Memphis for a weekend getaway with the "Alabama Crew"... We are in the car and my friend Pasocca starts talking about this new lotion she has and how it is made from Jesus' sweat and it leaves your skin feeling heavenly...then she proceeds to say it was made by Jergens.  I just laughed because prior knowledge leads me to believe it'll be a watery waste of money!  Baabyyyy was I WRONG!  I took a small sample of the Overnight Repair and rubbed my hands together and continued for 10 minutes!  My hands already felt better!  I was already sold.  Every guy I came across that afternoon I had to touch so they could see how soft my hands were. lol  Later, I showered and stole another squirt, this time for my hands and feet.  I put my socks on and went to sleep.  The next morning, like the gospel song Conquerors says, my hands looked new!


  • 11/7/11 I had been reading about the best ways to grow and maintain natural hair.  I ran across an article that talked about this hair oil and it had many testimonies about how well it works.  Wild Growth Hair Oil is the product that they were talking about.  I decided that from what I read it was worth a try.  The bottle was about $8. It has a tip on it that you can apply it directly to your scalp.  I put it on my edges, hair and scalp 2-3 days after I co-wash.  I have been using it since June and all of my edges have grown back and it is about 2 inches long.  My hair is thicker in the center where it was thinning.  The only drawback of using the oil is the "earthy/herbal" smell.  It does not have a pleasant smell and I usually put it on my hair and then add Mizani Supreme Oil on my ends to mask the smell.  My mother started complaining about her hair thinning in the middle and I told her about the oil she went and purchased it and has been using it every other day for about a month.  I will keep you posted about her progress. 5/6/12 OMG! I met a lady yesterday and she was asking my how did I get my hair so thick.  This product is the only thing I could think of! Check out some of my most recent pics.!

  • 12/20/11  I have been fighting a loosing battle with frizz!!! But I have won the war!  I searched up and down the product aisle in the "Bull's Eye Boutique" to find something that would help me fight the frizz.  I finally found it!!! Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Leave-in Conditioning Cream.  It also helps fight humidity and promises the fight will ensue for up to 48 hours! lol "The formula with argan oil from Morocco and apricot soaks deep into frizz, dry hair to smooth each strand. Stay 10x smoother and fight frizz for 48 Hours, even in 97% humidity."  You don't have to use much.  It can be used on wet, dry or damp hair.  I've used it each way and I absolutely love it!  It also has a pleasant fruity smell to it and it does not weigh you hair down. 5/6/12  I place it on my damp hair after it is freshly co-washed before I begin my twist set.


    2/11/12 Cantu Shea Butter Daily Oil Moisturizer My trusty side-kick!  This product is creamy and light but gives my hair a very nice sheen.  I usually wet my hair and then place the moisturizer all over my hair. 5/6/12 I place on my hands while taking my twist down in the a.m.

    5/6/12 Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Souffle

    These two RIGHT HERE maaaaannnnnnn!!!!!, is all I can say!  They work sooooo well together. By themselves, they are just ok.  But together, maaaaannnnn.  My hair has never felt sooooo soft and manageable.  I first began using the smoothie as a day two revitalizer and I really did like it.  But ,on an unplanned trip to Tuscaloosa, AL I had to stop at Walgreens and pick up something to put on my hair that night and in the morning.  I didn't want to purchase something I already had at home and I wanted to pick something up that would pair well with what I already used.   I must say, a LITTLE of either goes a loooooonnnnggg way!!!
    At night,I section a small amount of my hair and mist lightly with water (don't saturate or they won't be dry in the morning) and add a finger tip amount of Soothie from root to tip and smooth out my tangles, then I add a finger tip amount of Souffle and twist from root to end.  I do about 12-15 "Celie" twist all over and put on my satin cap.  When I wake the next am, I put a little  Cantu Shea Butter Daily Oil Moisturizer on my hands and pull out the twist.  I have the most beautiful and defined twist!!   I've been getting LOTS of compliments!

No comments:

Post a Comment